Deciding on the top ten attractions in Lake County, IL is difficult. Some people would pick the excitement of Six Flags Great America in Gurnee. Other would choose the natural beauty of Illinois Beach State Park in Zion, or the thrill of watching the Lipizzan horses at Tempel Farms. Since Lake County has too much to see and do to limit itself to a mere top ten attractions, here are the top ten places with great attractions.
- Libertyville: Lake County Forest Preserves, The Lambs Farm, Adlai E. Stevenson Historic Home, Marytown, the National Shrine of St. Maximilian Kolbe, Ansel B. Cook House, Libertyville Sports Complex.
- Vernon Hills: Cuneo Mansion and Gardens, Westfield Hawthorn Mall, White Deer Run Golf Club, Vernon Hills Golf Course.
- Buffalo Grove: Raupp Museum, Buffalo Grove Art Festival, K1 Speed, Buffalo Grove Days, Long Grove Confectionary Company.
- Grayslake: Grayslake Heritage Center & Museum, Dress Up & Dance!, James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts, Grayslake Antique Market, Grayslake Summer Days, Grayslake Craft Beer Festival, Lake County Fair.
- Lake Forest: Wildlife Discovery Center, Citadel Theatre, Fort Sheridan Forest Preserve, Elawa Farm, Market Square.
- Waukegan: Quonset Pizza, Dandelion Wine Fine Arts Festival, Genesee Theatre, The People’s Choice Family Fun Center, Papa Marco’s Grill & Kabob , ArtWauk.
- Zion: Shiloh Park, Potawatomi Trails Pow-Wow, Jubilee Days, Zion Passion Play at Christ Community Church, Shepherd’s Crook Golf Course, Shiloh House, Illinois Beach State Park, Shirl’s Drive-In, Shiloh Park Golf Course.