Buying a Home- Finding the Right Home for You
I take pride in having some of the most real estate savvy buyers around. On this page you will find all the information you will need to buy a home with confidence.
Here you can find checklists, special reports, tips and more. If you would like to look for property or have a question, please call or text me at 847-791-0148 or let me know exactly what you are looking for and I will find it for you. Help Me Sheryl!
Tips and Articles For Home Buyers
You can find out exactly what is available throughout Lake County, Illinois and the Chicagoland Area right here including pictures, virtual tours, school information, mortgage information and mire. In fact everything you need is right here on this site!
- Property Search - Search For Listings in all areas
- Newsletter based on your area preferences - View or Sign up for Market Insider
- Real Estate Service Providers - Recommended Services and Trades
- Calculate Mortgage Payments - Mortgage Calculator
- The Home Buying Process - Special 14 page Report
- 6 Questions Buyers Should Ask - Your buying questions answered here
- Downsizing 101 for Seniors - What to Do With All Your Stuff
Sheryl's Complete Buyer Service Program
A very detailed look at all the things I do to make sure YOU get the property YOU want
- In a face to face discussion, we talk about your needs and desires for a home.
- Qualify the parameters what you think want in home.
- Pre-qualify in house with Coldwell Banker Mortgage (20 Minutes) or other lender if appropriate, and receive prequalification letter based on credit scores. This letter makes you a better buyer in the market place, ready, willing and able.
- We review contract line by line and disclosures.
- Discuss expectation of what you want and in reality what you want.
- Talk about what dollar amount you desire and what you are comfortable with. Discuss expectation and reality in our market place vs. where you may have come from.ie. using tools such as The Home Price Index.
- ABR-Accredited Buyers Representative training I received holds me to a higher level of service that utilizes buyers representative forms so a buyer knows expectations as well as understanding of rapport. I give my 100% of all and that equals loyalty.
- Set up buyer on Connect MLS- an automatic system accessing properties currently available and send to them 2x daily to provide any updates to homes that meet your criteria.
- I show you a sample set of homes in the price point you want, in the communities you select.
- We review what you think and make any adjustments necessary(age, area)
- We go look at homes you have chosen that meet your criteria.
- We look till you find an acceptable property you can call HOME.
- When you are ready to make an offer, I research the PROPERTY HISTORY, history of SUBDIVISION for current sales, re-sales and actively listed properties and assist you in ranking homes.
- We come up with a range of what you feel comfortable with to offer.
- We draft the contract, update the pre-approval letter and sign disclosures.
- I negotiate and discuss price with you to a successful conclusion through constant communication, and status throughout entire process.
- We arrange for the inspection.
- I provide a timeline for mortgage contingency walkthrough to closing.
- We keep in constant contact regarding any issues that may come up.
- I attend closing with you.
- I keep in contact with my clients after closing, keep them informed as to prices in their neighborhood, give RESPA at year end for taxes. Clients are invited to client appreciation parties